Activities & Services
ACTIVITIES & SERVICES
Gather items to take home—
- Food packages
- Gently used clothing
- Books for all ages
Take advantage of some services onsite—
- Bicycle repair
- Barber and beauty
Learn about social services in the Rockford area—
- Temporary shelters
- Meals served and food to take home
- Literacy assistance
- Assistance to help older adults remain independent
- Care providers for health and wellness
- Counseling for drug abuse, domestic violence, gambling addiction, and other mental health issues
- Medical insurance coverage
- Legal information for adults with disabilities; for immigrants seeking asylum and naturalization; and for low-income people and folks over age 60
- Financial advice and home-purchasing assistance
Registration for the LOVE Rockford event, and the activities it entails, take place at the locations of the three founding churches in downtown Rockford:
- Court Street United Methodist Church — 215 N. Court St.
- SecondFirst Church — 318 N. Church St.
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church — 412 N. Church St.
- Residents may register on the day of the event, beginning at 9:30…
LOVE Rockford provides its attendees with two categories of items they can easily take home: Clothing.
- Donations of gently used, clean clothing are welcome—
all seasons, all sizes, all styles (except footwear and undergarments).
Collecting and sorting all of the donated items is a substantial task that usually starts in late winter or early spring. Before considering a donation, contact us for the latest information on drop-off dates, times, and locations.